The poll was structured in such a way that respondents could mark as many of the 13 multiple choice options as they wanted. There were a total of 40 people who responded to my POLL (Thank you one and all!).
I'm pleased to summarize the results here, ranked by number of votes (thus, by presumed popularity):
1. SIMPLE AND ELEGANT received the most "votes". Of the 40 respondents, 45% (18) marked this as one of their preferred styles.
2. WHIMSICAL was a fairly close second, with 15 (37%) of the 40 respondents selecting this style.
3. VINTAGE Style received the third highest number of votes (9 of 40 voters, or 22%).
From that point on, the preferred styles of handmade Christmas/Holiday cards ranked as follows:
4. RELIGIOUS and NATURE THEMED were tied, with 8 of 40 voters, or 20%, voting for each of these styles.
5. JUST PLAIN FUNNY was next, with 7 of 40 voters (17%) selecting this style.
6. ANIMAL OR PET THEMED ranked 6th, selected by 15% of the voters (6 of 40).
7. PAPER PIECED FIGURES or DESIGNS received 5 votes, with 12% of the 40 voters selecting this style of handmade card.
8. FANCY AND ELEGANT, COLLAGE, and RUBBER STAMPED IMAGES card styles each received 4 votes (with 10% of the total 40 voters selecting each of these styles).
9. INSPIRATIONAL card style received 3 votes (7% of voters).
10. OTHER (unspecified) handmade card style received 1 vote (2% of the total voters).
SO, there you have it!
I'm pleased with the level of participation in this, my very first Blog POLL, and I want to thank all of you who took the time to cast your vote and share your preferences!
From my own perspective as a designer of handmade cards, I intend to make good use of the information gleaned from this poll.
And I hope that all of you who read this . . . . .whether you be card makers or fellow card and art lovers, will also find these POLL RESULTS interesting!
Until we meet again . . . . .I think I'm going to be busy designing some new Christmas/Holiday cards!