Monday, October 13, 2008

Musings from Oregon

Happy Monday, My Friends and Fellow Bloggers,

I hope that your week is off to a pleasant start. . . .

Lee and I are enjoying our stay here in Redmond, Oregon, although I have to admit, I'm getting a little antsy to get back to my cardmaking and our greyhounds once we're home again. I'm missing them all!

Last evening, Lee had been passing time here at our little resort condo in Redmond, looking through one of the touristy magazines on local attractions, and saw an ad for a scrapbook store in Bend, Oregon (about 15 miles south of Redmond) called "Scrapbooking Outside the Box." So, dutiful husband that he is, Lee told me about the ad and since we had already planned to drive past Bend today for lunch and take a scenic route back, we decided to work in a stop at the scrapbook store, and I'm SO glad we did!

At Scrapbooking Outside the Box, Lee and I spent about a half hour looking around at a wide selection of unusual and beautiful patterned paper and embellishments . . . I could have spent HOURS there, of course, but I didn't want to put Lee through that! Anyway, I found some great papers which I hadn't seen anywhere else, even back home in Salt Lake City (which I'm thinking must be the scrapbook capitol of the world)!

And NOW, of course, I'm all fired up to work my newly purchased papers into some new and unique card designs! But I'll have to wait until after we get back home when I have all my "tools" around me.

Scrapbooking Outside the Box also has a website, if you'd like to check it out: http://www.scrapbookingoutsidethebox.com


In the meantime, both Lee and I are enjoying day trips out and about as we explore this lovely area of central Oregon with the ever-changing Deschutes River meandering through it, trying out the local restaurants, discovering photo opps (for Lee), and discovering fun little shops (for me).

During the evenings, we're able to relax in our little condo with the deck overlooking miles of natural cedar trees, and the Deschutes within walking distance in the canyon below us. In the mornings, we've enjoyed feeding the stellar jays and magpies, and (one) flicker on our deck. (I'm still hoping to get a picture of them!) One couldn't ask for a lovelier vacation.

I'm already planning my next Blog Post, which I'm going to call, "A River Runs Through It" . . . . .and it will be on the topic of Deschutes River, which I find absolutely beautiful AND fascinating. So, I hope you'll stay tuned . . .

Until we meet again . . . . . may you find both delight and peace in nature's beauty.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jan,
How delightful to read your blogs! I see you're in beautiful country, and having fun. Can't wait to hear more about it. Thanks for the posts and pics...I'll keep checking up on you!
Hi to Lee, Love Jane