Monday, October 27, 2008

Halloween Magic

Wow, it's hard to believe that Halloween is only a few days away! With recent travel and doggie events at our house, I've had very little time to make Halloween cards this year. That makes me little sad, because Halloween is one of my favorite "holidays"! I always enjoy coming up with new Halloween card designs. And I love to see all the little munchkins come to our door with the costumes that they (and/or their parents!) have dreamed up!

Halloween is such a magical time of the year, don't you think?


Today, though, I did spend some time working on a custom order for a Halloween Birthday card. And this card is what evolved from today's efforts . . . . it's a variation of one of my previous "Good Little Witch" paper pieced designs.


Since I wasn't able to find my previously developed witch pattern (in my embarrassingly disorganized craft area), I had to develop a new one today, and this one is designed for a 5" X 7" card.


The witch's face is a 2" punched circle, and her hair consists of strips of cardstock. All other pieces are hand drawn and hand cut from textured Bazzill cardstock, then accented with chalk shading and/or pigment pen detailing. I've added a touch of sparkle to the stars on the witch's hat and dress with Stickles glitter.


Although I love this witch card, I doubt I'll be making another one very soon. I have to admit, this design is somewhat time-intensive, even for OCD me! I counted up 24 individually cut and hand glued pieces in this completed design. . . . that's a lot of detail work AND glue dots!



I'll be printing an inside message for the lucky Halloween Birthday girl, along the lines of "Hope Your Birthday is Simply Magical!"



Until we meet again . . . . . .May you, too, enjoy the Magic of Halloween.





4 comments:

Lisa said...

Halloween is one of MY favorite holidays too.! I have my top three: Christmas, Thanksgiving and Halloween, not in that order either....

Glitzy Gallery Gal said...

I love halloween! Even posted about it on my blog. But this card is so cute!!!!

April Bourgois said...

What a cute little witch! I took your poll too. Great idea!

Banana-head Pancake said...

Happy Halloween! That witch is great!