Monday, June 15, 2009

BEAUTY is . . . . .

Today was the first day in almost two weeks that we haven’t had rain, usually accompanied by thunder and lightning. (Of course, there’s still time…the day isn’t over yet!)


Motivated by the relative warmth and sunshine of the day (along with a pretty strong case of cabin fever), I decided to spend a little time outdoors today exploring our yard from a slightly different perspective than I usually do.


Harley joined me, sometimes walking beside me, sometimes rustling around in the bushes searching for something of interest, and sometimes just lolling in the damp green grass, taking in the sights, smells and sounds of Spring.


It’s amazing what you notice when you’re open to possibilities and take a look at things a little more deeply than you normally do. . . . One thing led to another, I decided to go get my camera, I snapped a few photos, and the idea for today’s blog post (better late than never!) began to rattle around in my head.


Here's what came of it.



Beauty is . . . .


wherever you look for it.


whatever you want it to be.


found not only in the extraordinary, but in the ordinary as well.



















Thanks for visiting my blog!

And until we meet again. . . . .may you delight in the beauty around you.





5 comments:

The Bird's Staff said...

Absolutely gorgeous pictures and lovely thoughts! I saw you reflected in Harley's eye!!

Elizabeth said...

You always take such great photos!

Chester said...

What fantastic pictures! Yes, the ordinary is too often overlooked!
Mom LOVES the picture of Harley's eyeball. We took a second look to see that The Bird's Staff was right, you are reflected in his eye. That's EXTRA-ORDINARY!

Chester ;0=)

BeccaRoo said...

Hi Jan, your pictures are so beautiful and inspiring. I love all the flowers you have taken. I recently got an Esty account but I have not set up the store just yet. I also wanted to let you know that there is a Blog Award waiting for you on my blog page. (http://scrapersdelight.blogspot.com/)

Unknown said...

Your garden looks lovely Jan, and I'm glad the weather cleared for you a bit! Give that Harley a hug for me....Jane