Monday, December 29, 2008

What's new, you ask? I Joined ART FIRE!

I've been hearing some chatter about this new marketplace for handmade items, ART FIRE, so a couple of weeks ago, I went to the website to check it out.

I have to admit, I was a bit intrigued by the idea of a marketplace that allowed artisans to offer and sell their product without fees. As it turns out, there are paid memberships too, which charge a monthly set fee . . .but I gather there are still no final value fees when an item sells.

Discouraged by my low sales (and views) of my paper creations on Etsy of late, I decided to go ahead and sign up for a free membership on ART FIRE. I thought I'd check it out for a while and see how things go, before I decide if I want to upgrade to a "Verified Member" status (i.e., paid membership with an upfront monthly fee of $7).

There are indeed more benefits with the Verified Member status than with the free membership that I have right now. But, I'm still waiting a while before I make any more changes.

So far, I've been stocking my new ART FIRE Shop with a few items that I've transferred over from Etsy. With the free membership, I'm limited to 10 listings at one time.

If you'd like to take a peek at my ART FIRE Shop, you can click on my ART FIRE Shop window that I've added to my Blog side bar.

I can't say that the views to my ART FIRE listings are notable as yet, and I've had no sales since I opened my shop on December 19th, but I'm still hopeful!

I'd love to hear from any of you, as to any experiences you've had with ART FIRE yourselves. (And if you have a minute, please do pop on over to the CARD CHRONICLES Blog, read my other article about ART FIRE, and feel free to post any observations or comments there too!)

Hope your week is starting off well . . . . . As for me, I'm gearing up for some Valentine cardmaking!

Ciao!


1 comment:

Learning Spanish at 41 said...

I signed up for the free account also for now. No traffic or sales so far and it's been a month. Hope you see some sales on Art Fire. Thanks for including my blog in your blog list!