Sunday, December 28, 2008

All in a Day's Work . . . .OK, SEVERAL Days' Work!

Now that Christmas is over, I've been trying to get back into the cardmaking "groove."

And since I still have all my Christmas and Holiday patterned papers strewn about in my crafting area, I had the idea of making some holiday-themed blank note cards and thank you cards before I put all these colorful papers away for another year.

So, today and yesterday, I worked up a few designs, some blank notecards with a winter or holiday theme, and some with a specific "thank you" message on the outside.

I'm hopeful that there are some folks like me, who still like to send special Thank You notes via snail mail after the holidays!

At any rate, I've put several of these cards up on Etsy, so we'll see what happens.























Tomorrow is another day . . . .and I'm thinking that I'm just about ready to file away my holiday paper and embellishments, at least until next July, when I might do a "Christmas in July" promotion in my Etsy shop.

Even though I hate to see the holiday season come to an end, I guess it's time to start working on Valentine's Day cards . . . . . Who knows? I might even start on some tomorrow.

Ciao!



6 comments:

Jeanne said...

I saw you in my thread in the etsy forums. Great cards! I hope you get some sales on etsy through them.

Melissa said...

very nice and adorable paper :)

Unknown said...

Your cards are lovely -- I especially like the second one, with the pinwheel candies.

Also, thanks for sharing your 'snow day'. The weather here (South Texas) is very spring-like.

I grew up in Wisconsin and am sorely missing SNOW, so thanks for giving me a little taste!

Jan said...

And thank you all, for your lovely compliments on my cards!

Jan said...

W.J.,

It's my pleasure to share my "snow day" photo with you! I wish I could send some of the snow your way too!

BTW, Your digital images are lovely.

Wendy said...

I like the candy one a lot, too, but I think my favorite is the one with the squares on it. Really nice work on all of them, of course!