Tuesday, September 9, 2008

TREASURES of the SOUTHWEST

My husband and I are lucky enough to soon be traveling to Sedona, Arizona, which is, in my opinion, one of the great Treasures of the Southwest. Noted for its beautiful red rock landscapes, and for its sycamore tree-lined Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona is one of our very favorite places to spend time.

Today I'm featuring a photograph taken by my husband Lee, picturing one of Sedona's most well known (and most frequently photographed, sketched, and painted!) natural icons, Cathedral Rock, as viewed from a quiet spot on Oak Creek.

Since Lee and I try to go to Sedona at least once a year, you'll usually find at least 2-3 photographic notecards or prints of Sedona scenes in Lee's Etsy Shop (The Photography of Lee Robinson). Please take a minute to check out his shop at http://www.unclelee.etsy.com/.
I think you'll love what you see!

For the next week or so, Lee and I will be enjoying the beautiful scenery of Sedona and the surrounding areas, visiting shops and galleries, trying out new (and old favorite) restaurants, and relaxing on the deck of our little timeshare condo in Oak Creek Canyon........as we listen to the rippling waters of the creek and try to get a glimpse of the great blue heron who nests along the high red rocks there.

Although I'd love to be able to post travelogue photos to my Blog during the next week, I don't think I'll be able to do that, because I don't have photo-editing software on our little laptop. BUT what I will plan to do on my upcoming Blog posts is to highlight a number of my fellow Etsy artisans (of paper or any other medium) whose work I find exemplifies TREASURES of the SOUTHWEST.

Ciao!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Looks like fun! It is starting to get cool here, so I would love the warmth. We just came back from a trip in South Dakota...
http://feltedtreasures.blogspot.com/2008/08/my-new-favorite-state-south-dakota.html

Val

Elizabeth said...

Sadona is so beautiful! I used to live in Arizona and would go camping in the Sadona Mountains. Enjoy!