Saturday, September 20, 2008

JUST IN CASE . . . . .




JUST IN CASE my cardmaker friends and colleagues out there MIGHT think that I have been "sloughing" in my crafting activities this past week, while my husband Lee and I have been vacationing in Sedona, AZ, I wanted to show them that I've been making GOOD use of my time during the evenings in our little condo as we relaxed to the sounds of the rippling waters of Oak Creek.....

Admittedly, I'm a pretty strong Type A personality, so multi-tasking is a way of life for me! And every night last week, as Lee and I settled in to watch the Campaign (I think you know which one) and Hurricane Ike events on TV, I would drag out my paper crafting "travel box" (an old shoebox actually, filled with essential paper crafting supplies) and work on some new pieces.

Sometimes, as I go through my paper crafting travel box, I even discover past projects that I've forgotten I had! And as luck would have it, this time I found a previously designed pattern for a paper pieced tulip.

So, here's what I created last week: TEN paper pieced tulips, each with SEVEN individually hand cut and chalk shaded petals, glued together one at a time with mini glue dots. (If my ancient math skills serve me properly, that's SEVENTY individually hand cut, chalk shaded, and glued tulip petals! Yes, I know.....I'm over the edge.)


Be on the watch for some new handmade card designs in my Etsy Shop, using these little beauties!

And tomorrow, I WILL get my Sedona snapshots uploaded for your viewing pleasure!

Thanks for looking, My Friends!


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I love the shading on these flowers. I can't wait to see what you do with them. Nice job!