Monday, May 3, 2010

So. .. . Who's PERFECT, after all??


Any of you who have been following my Blog for a while and/or who know me fairly well through my paper-crafting work, have figured out by now that I'm a self-proclaimed "perfectionist."

Given that, I've been a little slow in grasping the concept that part of the beauty and uniqueness of handmade cards is the fact that they are NOT exactly perfect. . . .nor is that the goal!

The more experience I gain with my cardmaking, the more adept I become at "going with the flow" and letting designs evolve. Sometimes that process involves trying out a new technique or a new product. Other times, the process may actually involve changing the original design that I had in my head, to cover up some unintentional "owies"!

So THERE . . .I've confessed! And you know what? I think I feel BETTER!

This cute card, created and sold a while back, was my first serious attempt at stamping and hand-coloring an image and incorporating it into a card design.

I haven't made a card like this one since, but I think I'm just about ready to tackle this technique again.

I have to admit, this sweet little zebra and turtle hand-stamped image still makes me smile whenever I look at it!





Thanks, once again, for visiting my Blog!

And until we meet again. . . Here's wishing you all . . . Freedom from PERFECTION!






2 comments:

houndstooth said...

Oh, if anybody needs freedom from perfection, it's definitely me!

The zebra is pretty cute!

lunafaer said...

i love the design...and your honesty!