Friday, April 30, 2010

SPRINGTIME in the Rockies!

Harley was raring to go this morning for his first outing, so I didn't make him wait for me to put his coat on. . . after all it's not THAT cold outside today, despite the new fallen snow. And he enjoyed a brief morning sprint outdoors, while I ventured out in my robe and slippers to capture a couple of scenes with my camera.


Even though it's not at all unusual for us to experience wide variations in weather here in northern Utah this time of year, it always seems to take me by surprise. (How quickly we forget!)

And now that the daffodils, crocuses, and grape hyacinths in our yard have been blooming for at least a week and the tulips are beginning to open, it seems even more incongruous that Lee and I would awaken once again to several inches of snow on the ground this morning.




But, I have to reminding myself, this is what SPRINGTIME in the ROCKIES (the Rocky Mountains of Utah) is like. And before we know it, the temperatures will be in the 70s!

Thanks for visiting my little corner of the Blog world, and until we meet again. . . . . .may you all enjoy the pleasures of Spring, wherever you are!


1 comment:

houndstooth said...

I would not be excited to wake up and see that AT ALL!