Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas, Deer Friends!

As many of you probably know about me by now, I have a fondness for whimsy, and that often shows through in my handmade card designs. It seems that every Christmas season, my cardmaking takes a twist into the realm of whimsy. . . . And what speaks whimsy at Christmastime more than REINDEER?

There has always been something "magical" to me about reindeer. The image of Santa Claus flying through the air on Christmas Eve, in a sleigh pulled by eight "tiny reindeer" is indelibly etched in my mind from childhood.

And even after I realized, at a fairly young age, that this vision was
probably more fantasy than reality (Yes, there's a part of me that still wants to believe in Santa and his reindeer!), Christmastime still conjures up for me various images of sweet whimsical reindeer. . . . . so my card creations from year to year invariably include a few reindeer designs.

Tomorrow, I have planned a more serious post, but tonight, I'm giving in once again to my penchant for whimsy, and using some of my previous card designs to illustrate this Christmas Eve blog post, which I'm dedicating to all of YOU, my fellow bloggers, blog followers, and friends.


MERRY CHRISTMAS, DEER FRIENDS!






And this last photo, although not of a handmade card design, is of my very FAVORITE reindeer!



Until we meet again . . . . May You Never Lose Your Sense of Wonder.

No comments: