Monday, July 20, 2009

Deep in the Heart of Kansas


Growing up in the country, and in the middle of Kansas, I’ve always had a deep love of nature and all its faces.

But it wasn’t until I moved away from Kansas, and experienced it from a visitor’s perspective that I began to more fully appreciate the natural beauty of my heartland home.

Lee and I just got back this weekend from one of our twice-a-year trips to visit my family in Kansas. And while we were there, we made it a point to take a drive into the Kansas “outback” searching for interesting landscape photo opportunities. We were not disappointed.

Like other parts of the country, Kansas has had more than its usual rainfall this season, and as a result, much of the natural prairie land, pastures, and countryside were particularly lush and green.

I never cease to be amazed by the beauty of natural landscapes, and the timing of our trip this year worked out well for us to get some nice photos of the Kansas countryside.

So, of course, I wanted to share a few of these images with you . . . . .I hope you enjoy them.

(You can click on any of these images to see them full size.)









I'll be posting more photos from our trip back home to Kansas later this week, so I hope you'll check back.

Thanks once again for visiting my blog.

Until we meet again . . . . . I wish you lush green pastures and peaceful moments.


2 comments:

Chester said...

Although the pictures are beautiful they are never the same as being there. But it's the closest I might get so THANKS! for sharing.
Chester's Mom ;0=)

The Bird's Staff said...

I look forward to many more. I have never been to Kansas so I am viewing vicariously. Thank you!