Sunday, September 4, 2011

When SAYING "Thank You" Isn't Enough . . . .




Let's face it.  Sometimes, SAYING "Thank You"  isn't enough.  I'm sure we've all experienced, at one time or another . . . a particular act of kindness, an exceptionally thoughtful gift, a special favor, an unsolicited show of support, or inspirational words and wisdom offered by a trusted friend or family member,  that simply demands more than a verbal "Thank You."

And even with the advent of exquisitely beautiful and creatively designed electronic cards (YES, I use them myself!), and the ease of immediate and real time email communication via the Internet. . . there is nothing like a physical, tangible, hand-held, sent-delivered-and received paper card.

Yes, my friends, what I'm talking about here is an old concept. . .  the written Thank You Card.  Sending Thank You cards may be bordering on a Lost Art, but I remain a believer.  Whether a card is handmade or purchased, I personally believe that there's nothing that conveys "Thank You" in both word and action, quite as strongly as receiving a Thank You card in the mail.  I have sooo many reasons for saying this, but I don't want to bore you with them all at this juncture.

Instead, I'd simply like to say that I, myself, have been inspired by some acts of kindness recently that have prompted me to create some new Thank You card designs.  And I thought I'd share a couple of them with you here on my Blog.  I hope you find these new card designs pleasing, and also that you will be encouraged to continue to keep the practice of sending written Thank You Cards alive and well. 







THANK YOU for visiting my Blog. . . . .

Ciao!

2 comments:

houndstooth said...

They're all beautiful, but I love that blue one with the red flower!

Unknown said...

hello! I stumbled upon your blog and really LOVE your cards! They're absolutely gorgeous. You're such a creative person!